Friday, February 7, 2014

I'm finally doing this..

After many months of thinking about it, I finally am doing this. I have started my own blog. One purpose for this blog is to share my story of how my life changed after being diagnosed with a brain condition called Chiari Malformation, and to support and encourage other people living with Chiari and chronic illness. Since developing this condition, going through surgery to treat it and then going through the very long recovery from surgery, I have felt that God has allowed this is my life for a purpose and I want to use my experiences to help someone else. The scripture that has been my encouragement through much of this is Romans 8:28a, "And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God," (NKJV). This verse inspired the name for this blog.

Don't be scared off though, this blog is not going to be a depressing and downer read about my complaints with chronic illness. While I will share my story, information, and resources applicable to my condition, I will not be only writing about this since my life is so much more than my condition. I look forward to sharing my thoughts on some other interests of mine such as marriage and parenting along with some fun things like fashion or baking thrown in.

I will be posting more soon, so I hope you come back by!

2 comments:

  1. Sonya, thank you for sharing your story! It is and will continue to be a reminder of God's plan, grace and strength that surpasses anything we could ever understand! My aunt has this same condition and has found strength through writing as well. Blessings to you and your family!

    Yolanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yolanda,
    Thank you so much for your encouraging words! Blessings to you as well!

    ReplyDelete

view sourceprint? 01 02 03 04
05 13 14 21 22 23 24 25 26 52
53