Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Muffins (Wheat Free)

Hi all! Happy Hump Day!
Today I want to share a delicious muffin recipe that I have discovered. I am trying hard to stay on my wheat-free diet, but I really miss my familiar carbs. In fact, I crave them! Wheat/gluten free bread and muffins are mediocre at best and there are days were I just want to enjoy delicious, comforting carbs.  :)

I was overjoyed to have found, on Pinterest- where else?, the easy, wheat free, delicious muffin recipe below and I wanted to share it with you. These muffins are delicious whether you are wheat/gluten free or not! 

Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Muffins


Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups old fashioned oats (can use gluten free)
1 cup plain greek yogurt
2 eggs
3/4 cup sugar (I use raw cane sugar)
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 ripe bananas

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray 12 count regular size muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray or line with foil liners. 

Place all ingredients, except oats, into blender or food processor. Pulse to begin blending. Add oats 1 cup at a time, blending in between until smooth. (There may still be a few oat pieces visible. Thats totally fine.) Blend until it looks mostly smooth.


Fill muffin cups 3/4 way full.



Bake for 15- 20 minutes (depending on your oven) or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center of muffin comes out clean.


Mine look darker in the picture above because my oven has decided not to bake at an accurate temperature or evenly at times. I used to bake these for 17 min and they came out perfect. This time they got darker than normal at that time, but they were still moist and delicious as usual!

 Enjoy!!



Tips:
  • These freeze well! Just take a frozen muffin and microwave for approx. 30 sec or until warm through.
  • You can substitute low fat vanilla yogurt or vanilla greek yogurt for the plain yogurt. They turn out great.
  • You can also top these with a few chocolate chips for a little something extra.
  • Also, add 2 tbsp ground flax or chia seed to up the nutrition in these muffins.

No comments:

Post a Comment

view sourceprint? 01 02 03 04
05 13 14 21 22 23 24 25 26 52
53